In this post, I would like to share with you’re a number of questions I would normally ask when evaluating or reviewing a website. These are a small number of areas I recommend you should look as if you are not very technical. However, there are 100s of areas in which I would be looking at when reviewing a website. One of the key areas I look at is capturing my experience via screen capture and audio recording. I would be looking at would I know what the website is about almost immediately after I land there? Would I be able to contact you? Can I find a relevant product or services after determining what your website is about? and dozens more similar questions.
From all that and years of working on websites, I have put together a short list of questions for you. If you would like me to provide your an expert report and show you solutions that help you with your website then please contact me page.
1. Is the website mobile optimised?
2. Does your website comply with W3C standards?
3. Do you have all the relevant and important Metadata?
4. Do your images have alt tags and caption?
6. Do you have the right information architecture (IA)?
7. Do your links have a correct anchor test?
8. How quick;y can I find what I need on your website?
9. Are you making use CDNs?
10. DO you have the relevant caching and compressions in place for your site?
11. How fast does your website load?
12. How easy is it to read the content on your website?
13. Do you have a clear purpose on your website?
14. Do you have a clear call to action on every page?
15. Does your website have a sitemap?
16. is the design simple and aesthetically appealing to the users?
17. have you made the correct use of colors?
18. Have you made correct use of images?
19. Do you have consistent content including tone, pitch, images, writing style, use of keywords?
20. are you using a web font that is easy to read on multiple devices and screen resolutions?
21. Has your content been broken into easily digestible chunks of information?
22. Do you have any broken links?
23. Do you have an “about page” that tells your story or your business’s story?
24. Do you have testimonials and have them published on your website?
25. Do you regularly wrote and produce fresh content?
26. Do you regularly backup your website?
27. Are you aware of any security flaws in your website or application used to manage your website such as WordPress, Joomla etc…?
28. Are your forms simple for users to fill out?
29. do you store customer data on your website? if yes is your database appropriately secured?
30. Are scripts free from errors?
31. Is your website optimised for search engines?
32. Is your home page inviting enough to get visitor clicking through your site?
33. Do your offer subscription options, downloadables, RSS feed or social media follow?
35. Has your robots.txt configured correctly?
36. Do you have Google Analytics on your website?
38. Has your website been submitted to major search engines?
39. Do you have your business and website listed and verified on Google Local Business was previously known as Google My Business?
40. Have you had an expert review of your website to help and guide you with above and much more…?